World Bread day
October 16th is World Bread day and Zorra of 1x umruehren bitte is hosting a blog event on this occasion. I didn’t know about this event until Zorra sent me the invitation and asked me to spread the word.
This is what Zorra wants from all of us on the 16th.
Bake a bread with or without yeast, use sourdough, experiment with different flours, add some seeds… It's up to you! Let us also know which is your favorite bread, your "bread habits" and how much bread you consume. You never have baked a bread before? Well, give it try! It's easy and once you have this smell of your own fresh bread in your kitchen, there is no way back. If you have no time to bake a bread, you can buy one at your favorite bakery and write about the bread and also the bakery.
This is how you can participate:
- Bake or buy a bread, take pictures (if possible) and blog about it on Monday, 16th October 2006 (feel free to write your post in your mother tongue)
- Send an email to kochtopf(at)gmail(dot)com including
- your name
- your blog's name and your blog's URL
- the recipe name and the post's URL
- your hometown/region and country
I have confirmed with Zorra that Indian breads (Chapathis, Naans etc) are all welcome. She wants as many international recipes as possible. So guys, turn on your ovens or tawas and bring those delicious breads to the table on the 16th of October.