I make sure that I take a copy of ‘Chop Chop‘magazine from my kid’s pediatrician’s office. It is a fun book with some very simple to make recipes and activity ideas for kids. My son loves to read this book cover to cover and really enjoys doing the word scramble and kid quizes.
Today’s recipe is a simple smoothie from that book. I asked my son to pick a recipe that we can make together and this was something he thought he would like. He didn’t really care for the texture of oats in the smoothie and I tried to explain to him the health benefits of oats. All in all this is a very healthy smoothie and is great as an after school snack.
Apple Pie Smoothie
- 1 Apple - cored and chopped
- ¾ cup Yogurt
- 1 cup Milk (I used Soy milk)
- 1 Banana Very ripe - medium (frozen is preferred)
- 2 tbsps Oats (use 2tbsp raw almonds instead)
- 1 ~ 2 tsps Agave Nectar (optional)
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ tsp Cinnamon Ground
- 2 ~ 4 Ice (optional) Cubes
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve immediately.