Blogging Marathon# 59: Week 2/ Day 2
Theme: Instant Breakfast
Dish: Avocado Sandwich
The idea for this sandwich came from a TV show I watched about an year ago. They had a segment on healthy breakfasts and this avocado sandwich was one of them. I have been making this ever since for myself and enjoy it very much.
This sandwich can be topped with thinly sliced tomato or a fried egg for a even filling and delicious breakfast.
Avocado Breakfast Sandwich
- 4 Bread Slices (homemade or store bought)
- 1 Avocado
- 1 ~ 2 tsps Lemon juice
- To taste Salt Pepper &
- 1 Tomato Small , thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 ~ 2 Eggs Fried (optional)
- To taste Hot sauce Sriracha or (optional)
- Toast the bread to desired doneness. I like mine lightly golden.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed. Remove the pulp into a small bowl and mash it to desired consistency. I leave it a little chunky. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Spread the mashed avocado over the toasted bread. Top with tomatoes or fried eggs and drizzle with sriracha or hot sauce. Place the other bread slice on top and serve immediately. Repeat to make the other sandwich.