BM# 68-Cooking Carnival: Day 12
Theme of Week 3: Snacks made with Vegetables
Dish: Avocado Hummus
I had a couple avocados in the fridge that needed to be used and I wanted to make a snack with it, so I can post under ‘Snacks made with Vegetables‘ theme. I was quite tempted to try baked avocado, but I wasn’t sure if the kids would like it. Then I saw this creamy and delicious hummus on Cooking Classy blog and I instantly knew it was going to be a hit.
This is probably the best possible way to enjoy vegetables for snacks. It is finger licking good and I couldn’t stop myself from eating it. It is super creamy and smooth AND it is guilt free. Even my picky 8 year old LOVED it.
Dip in some carrot or cucumber sticks for a very filling afternoon snack or dip in those bake corn chips and indulge. It’s great to make for parties and I’m sure it’s going to be a crowd-pleaser. I added a little too much of crushed pepper flakes on the hummus by mistake, please go a little easy on it so it doesn’t get too spicy.
Recipe From Cooking Classy:
- 2 Avocados Ripe , deseeded and peeled
- 1 Chickpeas (15oz. can) of , rinsed and drained
- 1 clove Garlic , minced
- 2 tbsps Lemon juice
- 1 tbsps Tahini
- 1 tsp Cumin Ground
- 2 tbsps Extra virgin Olive Oil
- To taste Salt Pepper and
- Red Pepper As needed, Crushed flakes -- for serving
- In a blender or food processor, combine the avocados with chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, ground cumin, olive oil and salt. Process until smooth.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle some crushed red pepper flakes on top. Serve with chips and/ or veggies.