Blogging Marathon# 25: Week 4/ Day 2
Theme: Breakfast on the Run
Dish: Banana Bread Oatmeal
If you had asked me to eat something sweet for breakfast about 12 years ago, I would have said “No.. thank you”. But in the past dozen years or so that have lived in the US, my tastes have definitely changed a LOT. I think I’ve become more open to tasting and I want to try a flavor combination before actually deciding whether I like it or not.
This oatmeal is sweet, but not overly so. Actually it totally depends on how sweet you want your oatmeal. It is super simple and fits perfectly in the Breakfast on the run theme. Also the add-ins are totally customizable to your own taste.
Recipe is inspired from here.
Banana Bread Oatmeal
- 1 cup Oats Rolled
- 2½ cups milk Dairy or Non-dairy - (I used Vanilla soy)
- 1 Banana - medium, mashed
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar - (or more to taste)
- a pinch Salt
- 2 tbsps Raisins Almonds Chocolate Add ins - , , chips, etc
- Combine oats and milk (use just water or a combination of water and milk) and bring to a boil on medium-high flame. Lower the heat and simmer the mixture until the oats are tender, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add mashed banana, cinnamon, sugar and salt. Mix well and remove from the flame. Add the add ins and enjoy warm for a filling and healthy breakfast.