This Chocolate banana bread is moist, fudgy and very chocolaty. Great to use up those ripe bananas and perfect as on the go snack.
Can’t believe today is the last day for this year’s Choctoberfest. There is a lot of anticipation for the event and then it’s done before we know it. So for the final day, I have a moist and delicious Chocolate Banana bread. It is a great recipe to use up those last 2 ripe bananas sitting on the counter.Recipe is from King Arthur flour site. I used Barlean’s butter flavored coconut oil instead of unsalted butter and it worked beautifully. Coconut oil makes this bread moist and oh-so delicious. Barlean’s coconut oil is the perfect butter substitute with all the health benefits of coconut oil. It is great to use as a 1:1 substitution for butter or vegetable oils in baking. This will be a great addition to any of the delicious chocolate baking recipes you might have up your sleeve.This Chocolate Banana bread is probably my favorite banana bread recipe of all. I love how chocolaty and fudgy it turned out. A small slice is enough to get your chocolate boost for the day. Do try it, I am sure you will LOVE this version of banana bread.
This is a sponsored post. I received Butter flavored Coconut Oil from Barlean’s. All opinions in the post are entirely mine.
Chocolate Banana Bread
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup Wholewheat Pastry Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Dutch Process Cocoa powder
- ½ cup Barleans Butter flavored Coconut Oil (or coconut oil or softened butter)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp Egg replacer whisked in 3tbsp water (or 1 large egg)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Mashed Banana (about 2 medium ripe bananas)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup Semi sweet chocolate chips, Mini or chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 9"x5" loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl, mix coconut oil and sugar until combined.
- Add the egg replacer mixture, vanilla, banana and sour cream.
- Gently add the dry ingredients and chocolate chips until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 35~45 minutes, until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and allow the cake to rest in the pan for 10 minutes. Turn the bread out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- If you don't have ww pastry flour, then substitute with ½cup of all purpose flour.