Blogging Marathon# 62: Week 1/ Day 1
Theme: Kid’s Delight — Chocolate
Dish: Chocolate-Banana Pancakes
I think chocolate and banana are made for each other, they complement each other very well. I used wholewheat pastry flour to make these pancakes, but you can go all-purpose flour route or even use a mix of all-purpose and wholewheat flours.
Chocolate Banana Pancakes
- 1¼ cups Wholewheat Pastry Flour (or all purpose flour)
- 2 tbsps Cocoa powder
- 2 tbsps Sugar
- 1½ tsps Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 Banana Large , mashed
- 1 tbsp Egg flaxseed water replacer powder or meal whisked with 3tbsp (or use 1 large )
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- In a mixing, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, combine mashed banana, egg (or egg replacer mixture), vanilla extract and oil.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix. Set aside for 10~15 minutes.
- Heat a griddle on medium flame, pour ¼cup of batter and cook till bubbles form on the top, about 1~2 minutes. Gently flip and cook for another 1~2 minutes. Serve right away or keep them warm in a 200°F oven until ready to serve.