This recipe makes about 4 ½-cup servings of chocolate sauce. Store the leftovers in the fridge and use within 2~3 days.
Chocolate Para Churros
- 4 oz Chocolate . Sweetened Latin drinking , coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup Water
- 12/3 cups Milk Nondairy (like almond, soy, hemp or a combination)
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- In a 2 quart saucepan with a lid, combine the chocolate and water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring to melt the chocolate. Whisk in 1⅓cups of the milk and heat until steaming for about 8 minutes, make sure not to boil the mixture.
- In a small bowl, stir together the remaining ⅓cup milk and cornstarch until dissolved. Pour into the steaming milk and whisk constantly until the mixture thickens slightly, about 4~5 minutes.
- Cornstarch is cooked when the chocolate does not taste chalky anymore and it has a smooth texture.
- Turn off the heat and cover the pan.
- When ready to serve, whisk the chocolate and pour into cups. Serve with warm churros.