This is my first recipe for the #Choctoberfest2016. I have a Chocolate Ricotta Icebox Cake that is a no-bake, no-cook 5 ingredient recipe. Don’t forget to enter the giveaway for a chance to win some amazing gifts.Recipe is from Martha Stewart’s site and has been on my to-make list for quite some time now. It is so easy to make, I wonder why it took me this long to get to it. After making this summer fruit icebox cake, I knew how easy and how decadent these ice box cakes could be. Also what is to go wrong with chocolate, ricotta cheese and chocolate wafer cookies. So I gave this recipe a try couple of days ago.
My 4 year old volunteered to help me and she whisked the cream and mixed the chocolate. But she was more interested in licking the spoon and the bowl. Also she came back 5 minutes after putting the cake in the fridge, asking for a piece.
She was very impatient to wait overnight. But the cake was everything we were hoping for — creamy, chocolaty and delicious. Both the kids loved it and thought it was worth the wait 🙂
Chocolate Ricotta Icebox Cake
- 2 15 oz ricotta cheese . containers of (whole milk or part skim)
- 7 oz chocolate . Semisweet , chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 20 ~ 22 Chocolate Wafer Cookie
- 2 ~ 3 tbsps chocolate Grated
Make the Chocolate filling:
- Melt the chopped chocolate either on a double boiler or in a microwave. Let cool for a few minutes.
- In a food processor, process the ricotta cheese until very smooth. Add the melted chocolate and vanilla; process until well incorporated.
Make the Cake:
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9" spring-form with parchment paper. Make sure there's a little extra hanging out of the bottom.
- Arrange the cookies on the bottom of the pan slightly overlapping the cookies. Break them a little to make them fit.
- Pour half of the chocolate mixture over the cookies and spread it out evenly.
- Place the second layer of cookies and pour the remaining chocolate filling on top. Smooth out the chocolate.
- Place the pan in the fridge and chill it for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Grate the chocolate on top, slice and serve.