I’m back to blogging, thanks to Valli for another edition of Blogging Marathon. This is the 8th edition and I join the 2nd group of 20 bloggers who are all set to blog for the next one week. I chose “Condiments” and “Cooking with 5 ingredients or less” as my themes for this week. So you will see 4 lip smacking condiments and 3 easy to put together 5 ingredient dishes.
For the first day of the marathon, I made this fresh, no-cook Corn & Tomato relish that goes well with some corn chips or as a side for tacos. Use the freshest corn and tomatoes you can find for the best taste. Also I read somewhere that it is best to use corn as soon as you buy them; if you keep them too long they start to develop starches and make the veggie mealy.
Recipe is from Martha Stewart’s “Everyday Cooking” magazine.
- 2 ears Corn kernels – about 1 cups
- 1 Tomato – medium, finely chopped
- 1 Green onion – thinly sliced, crosswise
- 2 tbsps Cilantro – finely chopped
- 1 Green chili Jalapeno / – finely chopped (remove the seeds & veins if you cannot handle heat, I left them in)
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- to taste Salt Pepper &
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.