Blogging Marathon# 61: Week 1/ Day 1
Theme: Taste of Home Top 100 recipes of 2015
Dish: Cauliflower Soup
First up is this creamy and delicious cauliflower soup. It is a very easy recipe to make — cook cauliflower, make cheesy white sauce, mix them together and serve hot!!
But that simple recipe made me skeptical too about how the recipe would turn out. I thought it would be flavorless but I was so wrong. Soup turned out great but I think the next time I will probably add some dried or fresh herbs to give it some oomph.
Recipe adapted from here:
- 2 cups Cauliflower florets
- 1 Carrot Medium , grated
- 1½ cups Vegetable broth
- 1½ tbsps Butter
- 1½ tbsps Flour
- 1¼ cups Milk (I used a combination of Whole and 1% milk)
- 1/3 cup Cheddar cheese , grated
- To taste Salt Pepper &
- To taste Hot sauce
- In a medium saucepan, combine cauliflower, carrot and vegetable broth. Bring the mixture to a boil. Then lower the heat, cover and simmer till the veggies are tender.
- In another small saucepan, melt better and add flour. Cook till the flour doesn't smell raw anymore.
- Whisk in milk and cook till the mixture thickens about 2~3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat and stir in the cheese until melted.
- Add the cheese sauce into the cauliflower mixture and mix well to combine. Add hot sauce to taste, if desired.