My theme for the fourth and final week of Blogging marathon# 22 is “Bookmarked Recipes” for this month’s themes. Today’s recipe is a Bengali dish that is a quick and easy egg curry for those days when there is little time to cook and the fridge is practically empty.
Dimer Dalna (Bengali Egg & Potato Curry)
- 3 Eggs - boiled and peeled (Martha Stewart's tip for perfectly boiled eggs: add cold eggs to cold water making sure that the water is at least 1" over the eggs. Bring water to a boil, turn off the heat, cover and set the timer to 13 minutes. Once done, remove the hot water and rinse with cold water. Peel and use)
- 1 Onions - large, chopped
- 2 Tomatoes - chopped
- 1 Potato - peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup Green Peas
- 2 Chilies Green
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Ground
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Ground
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder Red
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- to taste Salt
- Heat oil in a saute pan, add the bay leaf, onions and green chilies. Saute until onions are lightly browned.
- Add the potatoes and cook until tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add all the dry masalas and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Next add the tomatoes, green peas and salt; cook until they turn mushy, about 3-4minutes. Finally add the eggs and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve with rice or roti.