We begin the 3rd week for Blogging Marathon today and my theme for next 3 days is “Kid Friendly recipes with Chocolate” for Kid’s Delight event. I know first hand how much my kid loves chocolate. I mentioned about his LOVE for all things chocolate a number of times here and so when I saw the theme with chocolates, I thought this what could be better than making more chocolate delicacies for my son.
Since all these recipes are going to Vaishali’s Kid’s Delight – Chocolate event, they have to be eggless. So for today’s chocolate delight, I made this “Double chocolate Zucchini Bread” from King Arthur flour site. The original recipe had eggs, but I used egg replacer to make it eggless.
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup Whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Unsweetened powder
- ½ tsp Espresso powder (optional, but recommended)
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsps Eggs water Replacer mixed with 6tbsps (or use 2 eggs or replace with 2 flax eggs)
- 1/3 cup Honey
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Zucchini - unpeeled, shredded and slightly squeezed
- 1 cup Chocolate chips (I used both white & semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9"x5" loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir in eggs (egg replacer), honey, sugar, oil and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Next add salt, flours, cocoa powder, espresso powder (if using), baking soda, baking powder, mixing until well combined.
- Next add the shredded zucchini and chocolate chips. Mix until evenly distributed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 65-75 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the middle of the pan comes out clean.
- Cool the bread in the pan for 10-15 minutes before turning it over onto a wire rack to cool completely.