This cookbook emphasizes on eating clean, whole and unprocessed foods. Original recipe for this was made with rolled barley flakes and rolled spelt flakes. I went shopping looking for these ingredients but I couldn’t find them, so I made the granola with them and with just rolled oats.
Granola is great to sprinkle on yogurt for breakfast or eat it as a quick snack any time of the day. It’s simple with just few ingredients and tastes great.
- 3 cups Oats Rolled (can also use 1 cup each of rolled barley flakes or rolled spelt flakes along with 1 cup rolled oats)
- 1 cup Almonds Sliced
- 2 tbsps Coconut Sugar (or light brown sugar)
- ½ tsp Salt Coarse
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl. Transfer onto a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake, stirring halfway through, until golden brown, about 28~30 minutes.
- Let cool completely on the baking sheet. Transfer into an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 3 weeks.