Keeping with the ‘Desserts in glasses’ theme of this week, I have a Granola Berry Parfait recipe that is served in the glass. These parfaits are very easy to put together and are very pretty to look at. They take about 10~15 minutes from start to finish. Usually parfaits are not considered to be healthy food, but this one sure is a delicious and nutritious way to start your day. Granola adds nice crunch to the dish.I love making Swiss oats, just soak oats in milk and a tiny bit of sweetener and then top it with some fresh fruit. But this recipe is a great way to jazz up those every day Swiss oats and make them special for holiday breakfast or brunch.This recipe is perfect to veganize. If you use soy or coconut yogurt instead of Greek yogurt and you have a completely vegan dish. This recipe is from Dairy free Delicious cookbook. Since most of the prep work is done the next before, these are perfect make ahead dish for any breakfast or brunch parties.
The parfait looked so colorful that I couldn’t stop myself from clicking this dish. I cannot say I will be presenting this parfait so beautifully everyday, but it sure has become one of my favorite ways to eat oats and granola.
Linking this to Valli’s ‘Cooking from Cookbook Challenge: ‘November — Week 1′.
- 1¾ cups Homemade or storebought Granola
- 2 tbsp Slivered Almonds, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2/3 cup greek yogurt Or use coconut or soy yogurt for a vegan version
- 1~2 tsp Maple Syrup or Honey
- As needed Granola I used homemade Cranberry and Cacao Nib granola.
- As needed Fresh Berries I used blueberries and chopped strawberries
- The night before you want to make the parfait, combine the oats and slivered almonds in a large mixing bowl. Add water and lemon juice, mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In the morning, stir in the yogurt and maple syrup or honey (if using) and mix well.
- Make the parfait by layering alternate layers of soaked oats, granola and berries in each tall glass. Top with a final layer of berries and sprinkle some chopped almonds. Serve immediately.