This granola is a perfect balance of salt and sweet, crisp and crunch, fruit and nuts. Using butter to make the granola gives it a ton of flavor, especially in combination with cinnamon. But you can easily substitute vegetable oil or coconut oil for the butter. Varying the fruits and nuts in the granola is the fun part, so feel free to use whatever you have in your pantry.
My favorite way to eat any granola is soaking it in some warm almond milk. But if I don’t have time to do that, I sprinkle it over Greek yogurt along with some fruit.
Granola with Cinnamon and Nuts
- 4 cups Oats Old fashioned Rolled
- 1 cup almonds Whole , coarsely chopped
- 1 cup peanuts Dry roasted
- 1 cup Coconut Flaked
- 1½ tsps Cinnamon Ground
- ½ tsp Salt
- 6 tbsps Unsalted Butter Coconut Oil or
- ½ cup Honey
- ½ cup Golden Raisins
- ½ cup apricots Dried , coarsely chopped
- ½ cup Cherries Dried
- ½ cup Cranberries Dried
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut, cinnamon and salt.
- Melt the butter (or coconut oil) and stir in the honey. Pour the honey-butter mixture over the oats mixture and mix until they are thoroughly moistened.
- Pour the granola onto 2 parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake until the cereal is evenly toasted, about 30~40 minutes. Give the cereal a good stir around halfway through the baking process.
- Remove the granola from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheets. When it's cooled, stir in the dried fruit. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.