Blogging Marathon# 62: Week 2/ Day 2
Dish: Greek Cucumber Salad
Recipe is from Cooking Light magazine. I wasn’t a big fan of dill for a long time. I thought it had a very strong flavor that was overpowering. But recently I started liking it quite a bit, especially when used in Greek style dishes like tzatziki sauce or Spanakopitas.
Dill absolutely makes this salad, giving it a fresh, herbaceous flavor that brightens up the whole dish. It is a satisfying bowl of crunchy, creamy and chewy textures.
Greek Cucumber & Chickpea Salad
- 1 English Cucumber Medium , thinly sliced
- 1 cup Chickpeas Cooked
- 1 Bell Pepper Medium Roasted , thinly sliced
- 4 Kalamata Olives , pitted and finely chopped
- 3 tbsps Feta Cheese , crumbled
- 1 tbsp Dill Fresh , chopped
For the Dressing:
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Red Wine vinegar
- To taste Salt Pepper &
- Make the Dressing: Whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Make Salad: To the dressing, add chickpeas, bell peppers and olives. Toss to combine.
- Divide cucumber slices in 2 serving bowls and top with the chickpea mixture, cheese and dill. Serve right away.