Blogging Marathon# 60: Week 2/ Day 1
Theme: Take-Away dishes from Metropulos, Santa Barbara
Dish: Greek Orzo Salad
After a lot of browsing, I chose Metropulos restaurant from Santa Barbara. It is a fine foods market that sells amazing sandwiches, paninis and a ton of gourmet specialty food items. After reading about the place I have added it to my bucket list of places to visit 🙂
Salad tasted good when served right away, but tasted even better after a few hours. I think this will make a great dish to make for a potluck, picnic and lunch boxes.
Greek Orzo Salad
- 1 cup Orzo
- 1 cup Artichokes , drained and chopped
- ½ cup Kalamata Olives
- 1 cup Cherry Grape Tomatoes or , halved
- 1 Cucumber Medium , seeded and diced
- 4 Green Onions , chopped
- 1/3 cup Parsley Fresh , chopped
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 2 tsps Dijon Mustard
- 3 tbsps White wine vinegar
- 3 tbsps Dill Fresh , finely chopped
- 3 tbsps Parsley Fresh , finely chopped
- Feta Cheese As needed , for garnish
- To taste Salt Pepper &
- Cook orzo according to package instructions which is same as any other pasta. Bring a pot of water to boil, add orzo and boil for 7~9 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, whisk olive oil, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- To the cooked orzo, add chopped artichokes, olives, tomatoes, green onions, dill, parsley and the dressing. Toss, taste and adjust the seasoning. Sprinkle with feta cheese and serve.