Good news is our area was not affected by hurricane Irene as much as predicted. We had gusty winds and heavy rain, but thank god we did not have power outages or flooding. So all is well that ends well..
Today is the last day of our week long Blogging marathon and keeping with the theme of “Cooking with 5 ingredients or less”, I made this tasty and healthy panini. Another recipe from vegetarian times magazine. It turned out super simple to make, filling and tasty too.
Greek Style Panini
- 1/4 cup spinach water Frozen - thawed and excess squeezed out
- 2 tbsp Feta cheese
- 1 red pepper Jarred Roasted (cut into thin strips)
- 2 tbsps Hummus (I used store-bought, but homemade would be even better)
- In a small bowl, combine thawed spinach and feta cheese. Spread this mixture on the bottom roll and top it with the red pepper strips. Spread hummus on the top half of the roll.
- Heat skillet on medium-high heat. Spray sandwich with cooking spray, set the sandwich on the skillet and weigh it down with something heavy or with heavy cast iron skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side until toasted and golden.