BM# 72: Week 1/ Day 1
Dish: Green Smoothie with Mango & Banana
Hope all of you had a lovely Holiday season. We had a wonderful time visiting friends and family. Lots of yummy food, great company and amazing times to cherish. Now that the holidays are over, it's back to routine. We are starting a brand new edition of Blogging Marathon today. My theme for this week is 'So Many Smoothies, so little time'. When I saw this theme, I know I had to take it up because after binge eating during theholidays, what better way to get back on track than to have some healthy smoothies. My husband and I love smoothies and make them quite often. Actually I think I'm too lazy to cook breakfast, so I make smoothies instead.
I have tried quite a few smoothie recipes, but not all taste good. They might be good in terms of nutrition but some of them taste too 'healthy' to make often. But over the years I found some combinations that I really like.
This Green smoothie is something that I make quite frequently with baby spinach and/ or baby kale. Initially adding greens to smoothies seemed waaay too 'healthy', but I'm used to the slightly flavor they impart. I love the vibrant green color the smoothie ends up being.Green Smoothie can be made with or without dairy/ non-dairy milk. But I personally like the creamy texture milk gives the smoothie. Without the milk, it turns out a little watery and doesn't look very appealing. But the choice is up to you.
Green Smoothie with Mango & Banana
- 1 Frozen Banana, chopped
- 1 cup Mango chunks
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk or other non-dairy or dairy milk or water*
- 1 cup Baby Spinach or Baby Kale
- 1 tbsp Ground Flaxseeds
- 1~2 tbsp Honey or Agave Nectar (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve right away.
- Green Smoothie can be made with or without dairy/ non-dairy milk. But I personally like the creamy texture milk gives the smoothie. Without the milk, it turns out a little watery and doesn't look very appealing. But the choice is up to you.