Blogging Marathon# 31: Week 1/ Day 1
Theme: Mexican Cuisine
Dish: Grilled Vegetable Quesadilla
We are starting BM# 31 today and Valli had very interesting themes, all starting with the letter ‘M’. So for the first week, I picked my most favorite theme, ‘Mexican Cuisine’. Mexican dishes feature at least once or twice a week in our household. We all love beans, cheese and spicy food, so Mexican cuisine ranks right next to Indian for us.
So for the next 3 days, I’m going to post some of my family favorites. For the first day, I have quesadillas which are basically Mexican version of grilled cheese sandwich. My cheese loving son loves these. Add some grilled/ roasted veggies or beans and you have yourself a filling meal.
I grilled some veggies on my indoor grill and used them in the quesadilla. Roasted or sauteed veggies can be used instead. Any good melting cheese would work here.
Grilled Vegetable Quesadilla
- 4 Tortillas
- 4 - 5 cups Veggies of Choice - chopped (I used peppers, zucchini, onions)
- ½ cup Cheese - grated (I used cheddar, but monterey jack or pepperjack will taste great too)
- to taste Salt Pepper &
- Grill the veggies on indoor or outdoor grill until charred and tender. Set aside.
- Put some grilled veggies on the lower half of tortilla and top itwith grated cheese. Fold the top half onto the cheese and press lightly.
- Grease the grill and cook the quesadilla until grill marks form and the cheese is melted, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and veggies.