We came to the end of yet another week long blogging marathon, as usual it went by pretty fast. I enjoyed making and eating all the “winter special” dishes and also the awesome dishes my fellow marathoners have cooked up this whole week. Thanks to Valli for organizing the marathon and I’m already looking forward to the next one.
Herbed Tempeh Stew
- 1 8 oz . packages Tempeh of , cubed
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 2 tsps thyme Dry - divided
- 3 tsps rosemary Dry - divided
- 2 Potatoes - medium, cubed
- 2 Carrots - medium, cubed
- 1 Onion - medium, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic - finely minced
- 1 cup Dry white wine
- to taste Salt Pepper &
- Combine flour, 1tsp thyme & 2tsp rosemary, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Toss the cubed tempeh in the flour mixture and shake off the excess flour.
- Heat 1tsp vegan butter (like earth balance) and 1tsp olive oil in a large saute pan; add the tempeh cubes and saute until golden on all sides, about 5-6 minutes. Remove onto a plate and set aside.
- Heat 2tsp each of vegan butter and olive oil in the same pan; add all the veggies and saute until slightly tender, about 3-4 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Next add the wine and let the alcohol evaporate for about 3 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and 3cups of water and bring the mixture to a boil. Lower the heat, cover and simmer until the veggies are almost cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.
- Add the tempeh cubes and simmer for 10 more minutes.