For the final day of this week’s marathon under ‘bookmarked recipes‘, I have this delicious Chocolate Fudge sauce. I made it couple of months ago and finally got a chance it post it here.
Recipe is from Brown Eyed Baker. This chocolate sauce keeps for a very long time in the fridge and is great to drizzle over ice cream or fruit or pound cake or just eat it by the spoonfuls.
Recipe from Brown Eyed Baker:
Chocolate Fudge Sauce
- 2/3 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Golden Syrup Corn syrup or Light
- 1/3 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Dutch processed powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 6 oz chocolate . Bittersweet , chopped, divided use
- 2 tbsps Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Combine cream, syrup, brown sugar, cocoa powder, salt and half of the chopped chocolate in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil on medium heat; reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in the remaining chopped chocolate, butter and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth. Cool for 20~30 minutes before using it. The sauce will thicken as it cools. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a month. Reheat in the microwave to get it back to pourable consistency.