Blogging Marathon# 60: Week 4/ Day 3
Theme: Bookmarked Dishes
Dish: Homemade flatbread
I usually buy pita bread, but do take the time to make them at home sometimes. I also have couple of pita breadrecipes on the blog already. They are like our very own naans but thinner and not as fluffy.
Recipe adapted from Mel’s Kitchen:
- 1½ cups Bread flour
- 1½ cups Wholewheat flour
- 2 tsps Yeast Instant
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ cup Milk Warm
- 2/3 cup Water Warm
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix and knead to form a soft, pliable dough.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover and set aside for about 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 8~10 equal pieces. Cover with a plastic wrap or kitchen towel and set aside for 10~15 minutes to relax the gluten.
- Roll the dough into a 6~8" round circle about ⅛" thick.
- Heat a griddle or skillet to medium heat, cook for flatbread for 2~3 minutes on each side until brown spots form.
- Wrap in a kitchen towel to keep the flatbread warm and repeat with the remaining dough. Serve immediately or freeze for later.