Summer is officially here and we are already in the middle of serious Grilling season. With 4th of July approaching real fast, I thought I will share some of my favorite dishes that can be made for your next backyard bbq or bring them to a potluck or even a picnic.
First up is a no-bake cheesecake with layers of cookie crumbs, chocolate cheesecake filling, toffee bits and chopped nuts. Doesn’t that sound delicious. These are a big hit every time I served them at parties. They are easy to make and can be made ahead of time, so you are ready to chill and enjoy your party.
I used baby food jars (6oz.), but they can be made in any 6~8oz. disposable glasses or even in small trifle dishes. This is more of an idea, so feel free to substitute the layers with your favorite fillings and have fun!! Enjoy!!
Individual No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecakes
For the Cheesecake Layer:
- 1½ cups Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Sugar Confectioners
- 6 oz Cream Cheese ., - at room temperature
- 4 oz Dark Chocolate ., - chopped
- 16 ~ 18 Oreo cookies (or any other chocolate wafer )
- 1 cup Pecans - chopped
- Prep the Ingredients: Grind the oreos into a powder. Place them in a bowl.
- Place the heath toffee bits and pecans in 2 bowls.
- Make the Cheesecake layer: Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler until smooth. Cool completely. Place 1 oz. of the melted chocolate in a ziplock bag and snip a tiny piece from the corner.
- Beat cream with the confectioners sugar until soft peaks form. Add the softened cream cheese and 3 oz. of the melted chocolate. Beat until everything is combined and smooth.
- To Assemble: Place 2tsp of the oreo powder in the bottom of the jar. Top it with 1tbsp whipped chocolate cream, followed by 1~2tsp each of heath toffee bits and chopped pecans.
- Top this with 1tsp of oreo powder, 2tsp whipped chocolate cream, 1tsp each ofheath toffee bits and chopped pecans.
- Drizzle chocolate on the top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.