BM# 76: Week 3/ Day 3
Theme: July 4th Special Dishes
Dish: Individual Red, White & Blue Cheesecake
After posting 2 savory grilled dishes (Grilled potato salad and grilled tikka tofu kebabs), for the final day of this week’s ‘July 4th Special dishes’, I made individual red, white & blue cheesecake. I wanted to make a dish with the colors of American flag and thought these individual no-bake cheesecakes would be just perfect.The cheesecake component of this dessert could not be easy to put together. Just whisk all the ingredients until smooth and layer in a big trifle bowl or individual glasses. Softened cream cheese is mixed along with Greek yogurt, vanilla and whipped cream to make a airy and light cheese cake filling. Greek yogurt makes it a little less guilty and little more tangy when compared to traditional cheese cake.Cheesecake is the white component of the American flag. Strawberries, blueberries and blackberries make up for the red and blue colors of the flag. This dessert is great to make ahead of time — cheesecake filling can be made at least 2 days before. Berries can be macerated about 30 minutes before assembling, but make sure to top the cheesecakes just before serving.
Individual Red, White & Blue Cheesecake
- ½ cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted
- 8 oz. Cream cheese, softened (low fat is fine)
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt, strained to remove extra liquid
- ¼ cup Confectioners Sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Mixed Berries
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Mix melted butter with graham cracker crumbs. Add 2tbsp of the mixture in each of the 4 serving glasses or bowls. Press lightly with your fingers or a spoon to compact the crust. Refrigerate for 10~15 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling: Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the confectioners sugar, yogurt, vanilla and salt. Mix well.
- In another bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add half of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Mix well until combined.
- Fold in the remaining whipped cream and the mixture is nice and fluffy.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the serving glasses/ bowls.
- Macerate the berries with sugar with 1tbsp sugar for 10 minutes.
- Top the cheesecakes with the berries, just before serving and enjoy!!