This month’s ingredient for JFI# 5 is being hosted by Vineela of Vineela’ Cuisine. This recipe is from my “Chocolate” cookbook (by Christine Mcfadden and Christine France). It is a very simple to make pudding, usually served hot with vanilla ice cream or creme fraiche.
Magic Chocolate Mud Pudding
- 1/4 cup Butter greasing - , plus extra for
- 1 cup Self-rising flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon Ground
- 5 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 cup brown sugar Light
- 2 cups Milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 6-cup ovenproof dish, place it on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Sift flour and ground cinnamon into a bowl. Sift in 1 tablespoon of the cocoa and mix well.
- Place the butter in a saucepan. Add 1/2 cup of the sugar and 2/3 cup of the milk. Heat gently until the butter has melted and all the sugar has dissolved. Remove the pan from heat.
- Stir in the butter mixture into flour, mixing evenly. Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and spread evenly.
- Mix the remaining sugar and cocoa in a bowl, then sprinkle on the pudding mixture.
- Pour the remaining milk evenly over the pudding.
- Bake for 45-50minutes or until the sponge is springy and firm to touch.
- Serve hot, with the creme fraiche, yogurt or ice cream.