Blogging Marathon# 40: Week 2/ Day 3
Theme: Mango Mania
Dish: Mango Lassi
This post is possibly the least planned and last minute one in the past couple of months. I didn’t have any mango recipes in the drafts and neither had I planned for anything. I was dilly-dallying until the last minute today as if miraculously the post will ‘post’ itself. But one good thing we did was to buy a case of ripe mangoes from the Indian store this weekend and the yellow beauties inspired me to make one of my kids favorite, Mango Lassi.
I have never tried making Mango lassi at home mostly because my son orders it every time we are in an Indian restaurant and making it again at home is quite boring. Also my husband being a yogurt-phobic, doesn’t drink it — so I usually make mango juice instead of lassi or smoothie. But today, it was finally time to try my hand at making the classic Mango Lassi.
After seeing Nisha’s post, I wanted to add some rose water and I really loved the floral note that the lassi had. My son on the other hand, didn’t dig it that much, but my daughter drank both hers and her brothers share — so someone really liked it 🙂
- 3 cups Mango chunks - peeled and diced
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt - (I used 2% yogurt)
- 1 cup Milk
- Sugar - as needed (adjust as per the sweetness of your mangoes)
- 1 tsp Rose Water
- 8 ~ 10 Ice cubes
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender until nice and smooth. Reserve few mango pieces for garnish.
- If the lassi looks too thick, add more milk or ice cubes to thin it out. Serve immediately.