Blogging Marathon# 40: Week 2/ Day 1
Theme: Mango Mania
Dish: Mango & Roasted Corn Salsa
We are starting our second week of blogging marathon today and my theme for this week is ‘Mango Mania’. We get mangoes here in the states all through the year, even though the quality of the off-season mangoes is questionable. I don’t buy ripe mangoes from regular grocery store unless it looks really really good. I like the ripe mangoes we get at the Indian store and last year we totally enjoyed the mango season. I’m so looking forward to summer for some juicy, ripe mangoes.
I made this mango salad/ salsa couple of months back when I had couple of ripe mangoes and fresh corn in the fridge. There is hardly any recipe here, it is more of a guideline. It is very easily customizable too. Add some cooked black beans or any other beans to add some protein and make it more filling. I served it along with some avocado rice for a simple dinner.
Mango & Roasted corn Salsa
- 1 Mango - small, peeled, deseeded and diced
- 1 Corn - cob, roasted
- ½ Jalapeno pepper of - a small, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 ~ 2 tbsps Lime juice (adjust as per taste)
- 1 tbsp Cilantro - finely chopped
- to taste Salt
- Roast the corn directly on the stove top or on a grill until blacked and roasted. Cut the kernels off the cob.
- Combine all the ingredients, mix well and set aside for 10~15 minutes for the flavors to mingle. Serve immediately.