These kid friendly Mini Vegetable Quiche are easy to put together. Great to serve as appetizers at parties or as a quick snack.
I am hosting Valli’s Kid’s Delight event this month and my theme is ‘Kid friendly Mini dishes‘. So for the next three days, I will be posting recipes for mini dishes that are cute and kid approved. First up is this Mini Vegetable Quiche recipe that is very easy to put together and is actually both kid and adult approved.I made these mini quiche for my kid’s birthday party and the whole batch was gone in no time. I made them twice since. As the name suggests, these are the mini version of regular quiche and since they are individually portioned they are great to serve as appetizer at parties.
The good thing about this recipe is that they can be easily customized. Add your kids favorite vegetables. I used finely chopped onion and peppers here, but I have also made these with spinach, cabbage, peas etc. Adding cheese is completely optional, but I think kids will love the cheesy goodness.These can be baked directly in a mini muffin/ cupcake cup or use a store bought pie crust or these mini fillo pastry cups as base. You can make these without egg too. Use my vegan quiche recipe and use Athenos fillo pastry cups which is vegan.Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked today for BM# 93.
Mini Vegetable Quiche
- 2 tsp Oil
- ¼ cup Onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup Peppers, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic cove, finely minced
- To taste Salt Pepper
- As needed Finely chopped Herbs of choice, I used Parsley & Basil
- 3 Large Eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup Cheese (optional)
- As needed Mini Fillo Pastry Cups (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Place the phyllo pastry cups on a baking sheet. Otherwise grease a mini cupcake pan.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add the onion, peppers, garlic and cook till tender, about 6~8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and season with salt & pepper. Keep in mind that the veggies are also seasoned with salt - so go easy on salt. Stir in cheese, if using. Add the cooked veggies and mix well.
- Put about 1tbsp of the egg mixture in the pastry cups. If using cupcake pan, fill them 2/3rds full with the mixture and bake for 8~10 minutes or until the eggs are set and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.