Mocha Almond Ice Cream is a perfect dessert for kids party. It’s crunchy, chocolaty and delicious.
For the final day of this week’s blogging marathon, I made this Mocha Almond Ice cream. I asked my son what he would like to at a party and he said pizza, cake and ice cream 🙂
Sweet Party treats:
I wanted to post each of those recipes for this week, but couldn’t make a pizza, so ended making 2 cakes. Black forest cake and Gulab jamun cake. For the finale I made this easy mocha almond ice cream.
Mocha flavored Ice Cream:
This ice cream recipe is from Family Circle magazine. I love mocha flavor a lot, so when I saw this recipe, I knew I had to try it. This ice cream also has frozen fudge incorporated into it.
Original recipe used marshmallows to make the fudge. But being a vegetarian, I avoid eating marshmallows since they have gelatin in them. So, I used marshmallow fluff instead. If you don’t eat eggs, then skip the fudge part entirely.
Mocha Lovers Rejoice:
This is a creamy and decadent ice cream and the crunchy almonds add a nice texture. Like I said I love mocha flavor it comes through beautifully. Both my kids loved it, do give it a try if you are a coffee ice cream, chocolate ice cream or mocha ice cream fan.
This mocha ice cream is great to have in the freezer for company. Go ahead, make a batch – I am sure you will love it.
Mocha Almond Ice Cream
For the Ice Cream:
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tbsps Instant Coffee powder or Espresso powder
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Semi sweet chocolate chips, Mini or chopped
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 cup Slivered Almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- ¼ cup Semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup Marshmallow fluff
Prepare Ice Cream Base:
- Combine heavy cream, milk, instant coffee/ espresso and sugar in a medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until coffee and sugar dissolve, about 2~3 minutes.
- Add chocolate chips and cook until chocolate is melted and incorporated, about 2~3 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
- Let the mixture chill in the refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Make Frozen Fudge:
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine all the ingredients for fudge and microwave until hot, about 1~2 minutes. Stir until the fudge is smooth. Pour into a foil lined bowl and place in the freezer.
Make Ice Cream:
- Transfer the ice cream base into ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's instructions. During the last few churns, add almonds.
- Working quickly, place 1/3 of ice cream in a container. Spoon bits of frozen fudge over top. Cover with another 1/3 of the ice cream and place more fudge bits over top. Repeat with remaining ice cream and fudge. Cover and freeze for at least 3 hours or up to 1 month.