Blogging Marathon# 55: Week 2/ Day 3
Theme: Nutella Galore
Dish: No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake
Here’s another lip smacking dessert using Nutella, a no-bake cheesecake. I usually plan the dishes to make for the marathon, well ahead of time. But for this week except for the muffins I made for the first day, I had nothing planned for the next 2 days. I was able to make the s’mores based on my son’s tv show, but I was clueless as to what to make for today.
Then I saw this no-bake Nutella cheesecake on Pinterest and made it right away to make sure I don’t change my mind 🙂 Original recipe used frozen whipped topping, but I didn’t want to wait for the whipped topping to thaw, so I whipped fresh cream and folded it into the nutella-creamcheese mixture.
My mouth started watering just thinking of this yummy dessert. It’s creamy and absolutely delicious. The quantities I used made just about 3 tiny portions and my kids and I shared them for dessert. It is a great dish to make ahead of time and serve at parties.
Recipe adapted from here:
No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake
- 4 Oreos , crushed
- 4 oz Cream cheese . , softened
- ⅓ cup Nutella (or any chocolate hazelnut spread)
- ⅓ cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ tsp Vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and nutella. Mix well.
- Using a hand mixer, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Reserve ¼cup of the whipped cream for topping.
- In the remaining whipped cream, add the cream cheese - nutella mixture and beat until well combined.
- To Assemble: Divide the crushed oreos evenly between the serving cups/ glasses and press it lightly to form a crust in the bottom.
- Spoon or pipe the nutella-cream cheese filling over the oreo crust. Then top it with the reserved whipped cream and sprinkle crushed nuts or oreos.
- Chill for at least 2 hours to set the cheesecake. Serve cold and enjoy!!