It’s Oscar weekend and these bear claws reminded me of Leanardo Di Caprio’s Revenant and the bear attack scene. If you are having an Oscar’s party, then these bear claws are perfect addition for the party.
Nutella Bear Claws
- 1 Pastry Sheet sheet Puff , thawed
- 2 ~ 3 tbsps Nutella hazelnut chocolate sauce or similar
- 2 tsps Sugar Turbinado
- 1 1 tbsps Egg soy almond milk , whisked (optional) or use or
- 2 ~ 3 tbsps Almonds Slivered
- Roll out the thawed puff pastry into 12" square on a floured surface. Cut into three 4" wide strips.
- Spread the strips with Nutella. Brush the edges with beaten egg or water and fold in half lengthwise; press to seal.
- Cut each crosswise into 4 pieces.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet; cut three slits along the sealed edges of each. Brush with beaten egg (or soy/ almond milk), then press slivered almonds into the pastry for claws.
- Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Sprinkle the claws with turbinado sugar and bake for 23~25 minutes or until golden.