2 delicious ways to jazz up Overnight Oats – easy to make and wholesome breakfast to start any day.
Fourth day of mega marathon and today’s dish couldn’t be simpler. Overnight oats have become quite popular in the recent past and today I have 2 delicious ways to jazz up basic overnight oats recipe. One is with strawberries and other one with chocolate – so there’s something for everyone here.Oats are packed with nutrition and I have started eating them quite regularly. My most favorite way to eat them is this Swiss Oats, which is like the very basic overnight oats recipe. I also just cook them plain and eat them with curry and dal for lunch or dinner. Oats are very versatile and can be used to make anything from pancakes to dosa to cookies to snacks.Recipe for this overnight oats is from Food Network magazine. For the basic recipe, old fashioned rolled oats are soaked overnight in milk and yogurt. One way to jazz this up, is to mix in freeze dried strawberries and banana and the other way is to add cocoa powder and hazelnuts. Oats soak up all the flavors and taste amazing the next morning.All that needs to be done in the morning is to stir in some fresh fruit and/ or chopped nuts and dig right in. I had my kids taste both the strawberry version and chocolate version. I was surprised that they liked the strawberry version better because they said ‘it tasted almost like an ice cream’. Try these 2 variations and I’m sure you will love both of them.
[inlinkz_linkup id=760125 mode=1]
Overnight Oats - 2 Ways
Basic Overnight Oats:
- ½ cup Old fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 tbsp Ground Flaxseed
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Plain Yogurt
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar or Maple Syrup
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ cup Freeze dried Strawberries, crushed
- 1 Small Banana, chopped
- As needed Fresh strawberries, sliced for topping
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Sugar/ Maple syrup
- ¼ cup Toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- As needed Chopped hazelnuts & chocolate, for topping
- In a small jar, combine oats, flaxseed meal, sugar/ maple syrup, salt and cinnamon. Next add milk, yogurt and mix well.
- To make double strawberry oats -- mix in freeze dried strawberries and banana. Seal the jar and refrigerate overnight.
- To make chocolate-hazelnut oats - mix in cocoa powder, sweetener of choice and chopped hazelnuts. Seal the jar and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, open the jar, stir and add the toppings and serve right away.