Blogging Marathon# 57: Week 2/ Day 2
Theme: Food52 Contest Recipes from here
Dish: Paneer Bhurji
I have made scrambled tofu but never tried scrambles paneer even though I’ve seen the recipe many times on various blogs. This recipe for paneer bhurji has veggies and spices to make it more substantial and is a great breakfast dish that can be made even on a weekday.
In the original recipe, bhurji was served with toasted white artisan bread, but I only had whole grain bread on hand, so that’s what I used. It is best to serve this dish hot or slightly warm because both the paneer and bread tend to get hard once cooled, so enjoy it as soon as it is cooked.
Paneer Bhurji (Scrambled Paneer/ Indian Cottage Cheese)
- 1 cup Paneer - , crumbled
- 1 Shallot Red onion or - medium, finely chopped
- 1 Red Pepper - small, finely chopped
- 1 ~ 2 Green chili - finely chopped
- ½ Ginger " - piece, grated
- 1 Tomato - medium, chopped
- ½ tsp Coriander Ground
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- ½ tsp Garam masala
- to taste Salt
- 2 tbsps Cilantro - , finely chopped for garnish
- 4 ~ 6 Bread (I used whole grain bread) slices
- Heat 2tbsp oil in a nonstick pan and fry the cumin seeds. Once the seeds are fragrant, add the ginger, green chili, onions and cook till the onions turn translucent.
- Next add the red pepper and tomatoes. Cook till the tomatoes are soft.
- Add the crumbled paneer, ground coriander, garam masala and salt. Stir, lower the heat, cover and allow to cook for about 8~10 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving plate and garnish with cilantro.
- To make Buttered Toast: Butter the bread slices generously, then toast them on a tawa or griddle until nicely toasted and golden brown.