BM# 72: Week 1/ Day 2
Dish: Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie
Peanut butter is one of my favorite ingredient in smoothies. I make a very simple banana and peanut butter smoothie almost 2 or 3 times a week. This Peanut Butter and Jelly smoothie idea came from ‘The Rachael Ray show’. I watched it being made on the cooking show and it looked like something I would enjoy. The jelly in this smoothie is not real jam or jelly, it is berries — either strawberries or mixed berries.Frozen berries are so convenient for making creamy smoothies. I usually keep a bag of frozen berries in the freezer at all times. Yow can freeze your own berries — wash them well, drain and lay them in a single layer on a plate. Set in the freezer until the berries are completely frozen. Then transfer to airtight ziploc bag and use as needed.Protein powder is an optional ingredient in this smoothie. I use Sunwarrior protein powder. But if you are not a fan of protein powders, then skip it and add either hemp seeds or chia seeds to some protein. This is a great drink that can be served as breakfast or as a filling afternoon snack.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie
- 1 Banana, frozen*
- ½ cup Frozen Strawberries or mixed berries*
- 2 tbsp Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1~1½ cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1~2 tbsp Agave Nectar (optional)
- 1~2 tbsp Protein powder
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until creamy and smooth. Serve right away.
- You can use room temperature or chilled fruits instead of frozen ones and then add ice cubes to make the smoothie creamy and cold.