Blogging Marathon #60: Week 3/ Day 2
Theme: Regional Specials
Dish: Pepper & Onion Gojju (Mysore style Masala curry)
This recipe is again from Vani’s blog, Mysoorean. I made her Kattina dal and this pepper curry for a simple, comforting and delicious meal.
Pepper Gojju (Mysore Pepper Masala curry)
- 2 Peppers Medium Green , chopped
- 1 Onion Medium , chopped
- 2 tsps Tamarind paste
- 1 tbsp Jaggery
- ½ cup Coconut
- 1 tsp Rice
- 2 ~ 3 chilies Green
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds Roasted
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Asafoetida
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- 8 ~ 10 Curry leaves
- To taste Salt
- Make the masala: Grind coconut, rice, green chilies, rasam powder, roasted sesame seeds with just enough water into a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium flame, add mustard, cumin seeds and once the seeds start to splutter, add asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Next add onions, peppers and cook till the veggies are slightly tender. Stir in the tamarind paste and salt. Cover and cook till the veggies are completely done.
- Add the coconut paste and mix well. Bring the mixture to a boil and turn off the heat.