BM# 63: Journey through the Cuisines
Week 3: Gujarati Cuisine
Day 16: P for Piyush
Piyush is nothing but jazzed up version of shrikhand. It is mixed with more yogurt (or buttermilk) and thinned out with milk, then flavored with spices. This was one of the easiest and one of the yummiest yogurt based desserts I’ve ever made. Since I was the only having this at home, I thoroughly enjoyed making and drinking this creamy and rich Piyush.
Recipe from Tarla Dalal.com:
Piyush (Serves 2~3)
- 1 cup Kesar Shrikhand (homemade or Store bought)
- ½ cup Yogurt
- ½ cup Milk
- ½ tsp Cardamom Ground
- ¼ tsp nutmeg Ground
- Pistachios As needed , chopped
- 4 ~ 5 strands Saffron
- In a mixing bowl combine shrikand, yogurt, milk, cardamom and nutmeg. Whisk well to combine all the ingredients.
- Chill for 1~2 hours for the flavors to mingle.
- Pour into glasses, garnish with pistachios and saffron strands. Enjoy!!