After making the chimichurri sauce, I was wondering how to use it. In Argentina, it is served with grilled meat. After searching a little bit, here are more uses for it in vegetarian dishes – ideas from here:
As a sandwich spread by mixing with mayo.
As pasta sauce — just toss with hot pasta.
Stir in scrambled eggs.
Stir into mashed potatoes.
Here’s how I used the chimichurri sauce. I served it with some roasted vegetables and quinoa. Recipe idea is from Vegetarian Times magazine. Original recipe had roasted sweet potatoes, but I used grilled veggies instead.
Quinoa and Roasted Vegetables with Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 cup Quinoa - , rinsed and drained
- Pepper Eggplant Onion Zucchini Vegetables - , , , for grilling
- Sauce Chimichurri - as needed
- 1 Avocado - sliced
- Grill vegetables until tender. Season with salt and pepper. Alternately they can be roasted in the oven to.
- In the meantime, bring quinoa and 2cups of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 15~20 minutes or until tender. Season with salt.
- To serve, divide the quinoa and vegetables among 4 bowls. Top each with chimichuri and garnish with sliced avocado.