Blogging Marathon# 26: Week 4/ Day 2
Theme: Revisiting Old Posts with New Pictures
Dish: Quinoa Pulihora (from December 2009)
This quinoa pulihora is one of the top 10 posts on my blog and it desperately needed a face lift. Quinoa is one of the whole grains that I use quite frequently. Its nutty and I love how it swells up with that lovely saturn ring around it after cooking.
Quinoa can be used in place of rice in many Indian recipes and this lemon flavored quinoa is one of the quickest and easiest dishes that I make.
Quinoa Lemon Pulihora
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 tbsps peanuts Roasted
- 1 tsp Chana dal
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 6 - 8 Curry leaves
- 2 Chilies Dry Red
- 2 chilies Green – slit vertically
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 2 tbsps Lemon Lime juice / – or more to tastes
- to taste Salt
- Cook quinoa according to package directions; 1 cup quinoa to 2 cups water.
- Add turmeric, 1tsp oil & salt to cooked quinoa, gently toss and set aside to cool.
- In a small saucepan, heat 2tsp oil and add the tempering ingredients: chana dal, urad dal, mustard seeds, red chilies, hing and curry leaves. Once the seeds start to splutter add the roasted peanuts and green chilies, sauté for a minute and add this to cooked quinoa.
- Squeeze the lemon juice and gently mix to combine all the ingredients, make sure not to make quinoa mushy. Enjoy with a dollop of yogurt.