Blogging Marathon# 41: Week 2/ Day 2
Theme: Picnic Hamper Dishes
Dish: Quinoa Tabbouleh
Salads are really perfect to take along for picnics, especially the ones made with grains or pasta. They can be made ahead of time and the resting gives the grains a chance to absorb all the flavors. And the biggest advantage of all is they can be served at room temperature without any problem.
Today’s dish for ‘Picnic Hamper‘ is another healthy and delicious salad (check out yesterday’s Bread Salad). Tabbouleh is traditionally made with bulgur, but I made it with quinoa instead. It is very flavorful with the addition of fresh herbs, mint and parsley, and veggies, cucumber and tomato.
- 2 cups Quinoa - cooked (cook 1cup of quinoa with 2 cups of water)
- 1 Cucumber - small, diced
- 1 Tomato - medium, deseeded and diced
- ½ cup Mint - finely chopped
- ½ cup Parsley - finely chopped
- 2 tbsps Lemon juice
- 2 cloves Garlic , finely minced
- optional Feta Cheese
- to taste Salt
- In a small bowl, combine garlic clove, lemon juice, 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Add the chopped herbs and salt. Mix well.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cooked quinoa, cucumber, tomatoes and the dressing. Gently mix and set it aside for 30 minutes before serving. Add feta cheese just before serving.