BM# 71: Week 3/ Day 1
Theme: One Ingredient — 3 Courses
Dish: Starter — Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Parmesan Cheese
We are starting a new week of Blogging marathon today and my theme for the week is ‘One Ingredient — 3 Courses’. I chose ‘Brussels Sprouts’ as my main ingredient because they are everywhere this time of the year and I wanted to try some new recipes with them.
Valli wanted us to cook specific courses that she listed. So for the first day I have Roasted Brussels Sprouts with parmesan cheese recipe that can be served as a starter or as a savory snack. Brussels sprouts look like mini cabbages and they come from the same family as cabbage. My 4 year old and I love them to bits. I try to keep a bag of them in the fridge at all times during fall and winter. I roast them and add to pastas, slice them really thin and make thoran (simple stir fry) just as I would with cabbage.Today’s recipe cannot be simpler. Just roast the sprouts until lightly caramelized and tender. Serve them hot or warm sprinkled with some grated Parmesan cheese. Simplicity at its very best. I usually roast more Brussels sprouts than I need because I like snacking on them even before they get to the table.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Parmesan
- 3~4 cups Brussel Sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2~3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- To taste Salt Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Add the brussel sprouts to a baking sheet. Drizzle in the olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well to coat the sprouts. Bake for 2~35 minutes, stirring once in the middle, until the sprouts are roasted and fork tender.
- Remove the brussel sprouts from the oven. Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese and serve warm.