Blogging Marathon# 67: Week 4/ Day 2
Theme: Kid’s Delight — Breakfast
Dish: Roasted Plum & Granola Yogurt Parfait
For the last day of this week’s marathon, I made a fruity yogurt parfait with roasted plums and granola. My favorite breakfast happens to be Greek yogurt with fresh fruit and granola, my 3 year old shares the same taste. My son turns up his nose for yogurt, but my daughter loves it.
These parfaits are perfectly balanced breakfast for both kids and adults. They are slightly sweet and packed with protein from the Greek yogurt. Kids will love the crunchy granola with creamy yogurt.
Roasted Plum & Granola Yogurt Parfait
- 4 6 wedges Plums Large , pitted and cut into
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup orange juice Fresh
- 2 cups greek yogurt
- Pistachios As needed, Chopped
To make Roasted Plums:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a 8" square baking pan, combine honey and orange juice, whisk well to combine. Arrange the plums, cut side down in the dish.
- Roast until plums are tender and juicy, about 25~30 minutes, turning them over during the last 10 minutes of baking and spooning the juices over the fruit. If the liquid completely evaporates during baking then add a few tablespoons of water.
- Reserve the juices from the pan.
- Serve plums warm or at room temperature. Roasted plums can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week.
To make Parfaits:
- Place 2 plum wedges in the bottom of the serving glass. Layer with about 2 tablespoons of yogurt and granola. Repeat the layers once. Top the parfait with 2 more plum wedges and drizzle with pan juices. Sprinkle evenly with pistachios.