Easy to make Sesame Noodle & Vegetable Salad – perfect to pack for lunch and is great to serve hot, cold or at room temperature.
Today’s 30 minute meal cannot be simpler to make. This sesame noodle & vegetable salad is packed with flavorful and the veggies add crunch and texture to the dish. I love noodles in any form and this quick and easy noodle dish is my absolute favorite.I started working from home earlier this year and I have about 1 hour in the afternoon to cook and eat my lunch. So when I saw Valli’s theme for this month, I signed up right away. I wanted to try some quick and easy ‘under 30 minute recipes’. Yesterday’s 30 minute Rice and beans is a perfect example of that.
I keep pre-chopped fresh and frozen veggies on hand for my quick meals. They are an amazing time saver – may be I spend a few pennies more, but it is totally worth it. I make quick rice dishes, upma or wraps using these veggies. Here is another quick meal idea – microwaved oats with soft cooked eggs with avocado and hot sauce. This happens to be my absolute favorite.I used store bought broccoli slaw and cole slaw mix to make this noodle salad. The nutty sesame flavor is enhanced with the use of tahini (toasted sesame paste) in the dressing. Toasted sesame seeds sprinkled on top add to the nuttiness. I added baked tofu to add protein to the dish. Serve this salad hot, warm or at room temperature and Enjoy!!Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked today for BM# 94.
Sesame Noodle & Vegetable Salad
For the Noodles & Veggies:
- 12 oz. Brown Rice Noodles or Spaghetti (I used Millet & Brown rice noodles)
- 3 cups Thinly sliced or grated fresh vegetables (snow peas, peppers, scallions, cucumbers, carrot, cabbage etc.) I used store bought Broccoli slaw
- To taste Salt Pepper
For the Tahini dressing:
- ½ cup Tahini or Peanut Butter or a combination of both
- 2 tbsp Agave Nectar
- 3 tbsp or more Soy sauce (adjust as per taste)
- 1" Ginger, finely grated
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- As needed Sriracha or other hot sauce
- Cook the noodles as per package instructions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Remove onto a mixing bowl.
- While the noodles are cooking, make the dressing by combining all the ingredients for the dressing. Add enough hot water to make a thick but pourable dressing.
- Add the chopped veggies and dressing to the noodles, toss to evenly coat the noodles. Serve and Enjoy!!