I’m a huge fan of food related shows and competitions on TV. I used to watch a ton of cooking shows before, but with the kiddo taking over the TV and the busy work-life schedule, I don’t get to watch my favorite cooking shows anymore. But any chance I get, Food Network & Cooking Channel are the channels I spend most time watching.
Rachael Ray‘s 30minute meals is probably the first ever cooking show I watched after coming to the States waaaaaay back in the day (just to put a perspective, I just completed my 11 years in the US). I liked her personality and as a graduate student under both time and money concerns, I LOVED her POV (point of view) of making meals in 30 minutes with everyday accessible ingredients. I picked up a lot of easy to make recipes from her show and also a number of tips on how to make quick meals.
Coming to today’s dish, its a very simple salad with berries, baby greens and dressed with Rachael Ray’s bottom of the jar salad dressing. Dressing is made in an almost empty jam jar along with ingredients to make a fruity and tangy dressings that’s just perfect on this berry salad. This salad is definitely a looker and crowd-pleaser.
Strawberry-Arugula Salad with Fruity Jam Dressing
- 1 cup Strawberries - hulled and thinly sliced
- ½ cup Blueberries
- 1 cup Arugula Baby - washed, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup Spinach Baby - washed, rinsed and dried
For the Dressing:
- 2 tbsps Raspberry Strawberry Jam / Mixed-fruit/ (use any of your favorite jams)
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 3 - 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Salt Pepper and - taste
- Make the dressing: Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl or if using the almost empty jam jar combine everything in the jar itself. Whisk until well combined or tightly screw the lid and shake the jam jar until well combined. Use as needed and refrigerate the leftovers.
- In a serving bowl, add the greens and berries, drizzle the dressing all over and serve the salad immediately.