Even though it’s not technically winter yet in our neck of woods, temperatures have been hovering around freezing for the past few days. I have started to think about summer already and to remind me of the hot weather I’m posting my Strawberry ice cream recipe. This post has been in my drafts since summer but I haven’t had a chance to post it, I thought it’s better late than never. Also it’s probably summer in some part of the world and I’m sure they have strawberries in season.
Recipe for this ice cream is from Cook’s Illustrated site. Original recipe uses alcohol or vodka to ensure that ice crystals don’t form when frozen. I used orange liqueur instead because that is what I had in my pantry and the ice cream turned out creamy and delicious.
Another interesting ingredient in this ice cream is melted white chocolate chips. I couldn’t taste the chocolate in the final ice cream, but it sure adds some sort of creaminess to the ice cream.
Strawberry Ice Cream
- 6 oz Strawberries . or about 1 cups (fresh or thawed if frozen)
- 1 tbsp Orange Liqueur - (or vodka)
- ½ cup Condensed Milk Sweetened
- 1 oz Chocolate . White Chips, melted
- 1¼ cups Heavy Cream
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- a pinch Salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Refrigerate until the mixture is very cold, about 4 hours.
- Follow your ice cream maker instructions and make the ice cream. Enjoy!!