Blogging Marathon# : Week 1/ Day 2
Theme: Taste of Home Top 100 recipes of 2015
Dish: Taco Salad
Key to this recipe is the dressing that is made with Thousand Island dressing. You can either use store bought Thousand Island dressing or make it yourself at home. I didn’t want to buy a jar since I know I will let it sit in the fridge for god knows how long.
This salad is almost like a complete meal with — tortilla chips, beans, veggies and cheese. I loved this salad a LOT. It’s very filling and the dressing was oh-so yummy. I would totally make this salad again just to eat that dressing 🙂 This is going to be a big hit if you make it for your Super bowl party.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home:
- 3 ~ 4 cups Tortilla chips , crushed (I used Trader Joes reduced guilt tortilla chips)
- 2 ~ 3 cups Iceberg Lettuce , shredded
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes , halved
- 1 ~ 11/2 cups Kidney beans
- 1/3 cup Black olives , sliced
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese , shredded
- 1 White Onion Small , chopped
- 2 ~ 3 tbsps Chilies Chopped Green
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island Dressing (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- 1 tsp Taco seasoning
- To taste Salt Pepper &
- Make the Dressing: Combine thousand island dressing, salsa and taco seasoning in a bowl. Whisk well.
- Make the Salad: Combine the lettuce, chips, tomatoes, beans, olives, cheese, onion and chilies.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ans toss to coat. Enjoy!!