Blogging Marathon#64: Week 4/ Day 2
Theme: Mega BM Bookmarked Recipes
Dish: Pineapple Fried Rice from Mireille
But when I saw Mir’s dish, I wanted to give it a try. I had all the ingredients on hand and my husband was travelling so I took a chance and made it for myself. I have to say I really liked this dish. The sweetness from the pineapple is actually complemented by the spicy curry powder and the saltiness of the soy sauce.
If you have leftover rice, then it takes just a few minutes to put this dish together. Mir used ham and shrimp in her recipe, which I subbed with tofu and mixed vegetables to make this is a vegetarian and filling dish. Tofu absorbs all the flavors and tasted amazing in this dish.
Recipe from Mir’s The Schizo Chef:
Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
- 3 cups Rice Cooked
- 1½ tbsps Curry powder (I used S&B brand curry powder)
- 1 tbsp Butter Vegan
- 1 Onion Small , chopped
- 1 cup Tofu , drained and cubed
- 3 tbsps Raisins
- 1 cup Pineapple cubes
- 1 ~ 2 tbsps Soy sauce
- 3 tbsps Cashews
- 2 tbsps Scallions , chopped
- 1 Red Chili , thinly sliced
- 2 tbsps Cilantro , finely chopped
- 1 Ginger " , finely grated
- Add butter and 1tbsp curry powder to the rice. Mix well to combine and set aside.
- In a nonstick pan, heat 1tbsp oil and saute tofu until golden brown on all sides. Remove onto a plate.
- In the same pan, heat remaining 1tbsp oil and add onions, ginger and garlic. Cook until the onions turn translucent. Add raisins, pineapple, mixed veegatbles and remaining 1tbsp curry powder. Cook for 3~4 minutes until the veggies are crisp tender.
- Add the rice, sauteed tofu and the soy sauce and mix well to coat the grains.
- Add the cashews and scallions and toss for another 2 minutes.
- Finally add the chili and cilantro. Stir fry for 1 more minute. Serve warm!!