Blogging Marathon# : Week 1/ Day 3
Theme: Taste of Home Top 100 recipes of 2015
Dish: Three Cheese Potatoes
The original recipe for these three cheese potatoes on Taste of Home were made on the grill. But since it’s very cold to grill, I made this recipe in the oven. Pre-cooking the potatoes before baking makes the dish cook faster. If not just bake the dish longer until the potatoes are tender.
With just a few ingredients, this dish is sure to please both kids and adults equally. I know for a fact that my son will be requesting it quite often now.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home:
Three Cheese Potatoes
- 3 1 Potatoes " Large , cut into cubes
- 1 Onion Medium , chopped
- 3 tbsps Parmesan cheese , grated
- 2 Green Onions , thinly sliced
- 2 tbsps Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Mozzarella cheese Part skim
- ¼ cup Cheddar Cheese , shredded
- To taste Salt Pepper &
- 2 cloves Garlic , crushed
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine chopped potatoes, onions and garlic in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 2~3 minutes or until the veggies are fork tender.
- Drain the veggies and place them in a 8" or 9" baking dish. Drizzle with oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat and put the baking dish in the oven.
- Bake for 25~30 minutes or until the potatoes are crispy.
- In the meantime, combine the three cheeses. Once the potatoes turn crispy, sprinkle the cheese mix on top and bake for another 4~5 minutes or until the cheese melts and gets ooey & gooey. Serve immediately and Enjoy!!