Bake-a-thon 2015: Day 3
Bake of the Day: Toasted Millet & Oats Granola
This granola is crunchy with the toasted millet and chewy with the coconut flakes and dried cranberries. I like to eat it over some Greek yogurt for breakfast. Soaking it in almond milk makes it a little soft and easier to eat.
It is a great edible gift for the holidays too. Swap out the honey in the recipe with maple syrup and you have a delicious granola even vegans can enjoy.
Toasted Millet & Oats Granola
- ½ cup Millet Whole
- 2 cups Oats Rolled
- ¾ cup Pistachios Shelled
- ½ cup Coconut Unsweetened flakes
- ½ cup Honey
- 1/3 cup Water Boiling
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp sea salt Fine
- 2/3 cup Cranberries Dried
- In a bowl, pour boiling water over millet, cover and set aside for 30 minutes. Drain the millet and keep ready.
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the drained millet, oats, pistachios and coconut flakes.
- In a small saucepan, combine honey, oil and salt to a boil. Pour over the millet mixture and stir until combined.
- Spread mixture on a rimmed baking sheet and bake stirring once, until golden, about 20 minutes.
- Once cool, stir in cranberries.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.